HOW WE HELP BUSINESSES
We have vast experience of the technology sector and act for tech businesses at every stage of their life cycle from a founder with a good idea, through successive investment rounds and ultimately exit through sale or IPO.
We understand the importance in this sector of ensuring that the tech-business lifeblood of information and intellectual property are properly protected. This means not just the deterrence of well-drafted business protections and decisive enforcement strategies but also through effective long-term incentive structures.
We know that the secret of effective advice in this fast-growth sector is pragmatism and proportionality. We won’t weigh down your start up with unnecessary red tape but will help you focus on getting the basics rights, providing a scalable approach to compliance that grows alongside your business.
We can help plug the gaps in your internal resources by sharing our industry knowledge and contacts with you and co-ordinating with other advisers (as necessary) to get the job done.
Our experience in this sector includes:
- Advising a well-established technology company on launching its UK business, with a suite of employment documents and start up advice;
- Obtaining an emergency court order for a technology company to prevent its former employee from joining a key competitor;
- Advising a North American software company to negotiate out of its business an under-performing employee who they had inherited in an acquisition;
- Acting for the founder of a technology start up who had fallen out with his co-founder and wished to negotiate a fair exit deal;
- Advising a web-advertising personalisation business to implement complex commission arrangements.
We offer a fixed-cost new employer toolkit
This startup pack includes:
- a template employment contract, tailored to your specific requirements and preferences;
- a basic set of employment policies;
- information on how to become an employer for the first time; and
- guidance on the basics of employment law.