Amanda leads training and know-how development for BDBF and its clients and joined the firm in September 2019.
Amanda is a highly experienced employment knowledge lawyer. Before joining BDBF, Amanda led the employment knowledge function at an international law firm for 7 years. Prior to that, Amanda was a senior member of the employment team at a top 20 City law firm for 9 years, representing clients in employment disputes in the Employment Tribunal, EAT and High Court and providing advice on the full spectrum of employment law.
Amanda is an experienced trainer and public speaker in all types of formats, from one-to-one sessions and round-table events to large conferences. For example, she has delivered presentations at the Industrial Law Society Annual Spring Conference and the All Party Parliamentary Group on Work and Families at the Houses of Parliament. She also led a plenary session on Brexit and employment rights at the European Employment Lawyers Association Annual Conference.
A key part of Amanda’s role involves supporting BDBF’s lawyers to maintain a first-class and up-to-date knowledge of employment law and providing them with the resources to deliver the best service to clients.
In addition, Amanda directly supports BDBF’s clients in a number of ways:
- Providing technical support, particularly on the application of new legislation.
- Delivering a programme of regular seminars and training events.
- Designing and delivering bespoke training courses for line manager populations, HR professionals and in-house lawyers.
- Delivering one-to-one refresher training sessions for in-house lawyers and HR professionals returning to work after lengthy absences.
- Drafting monthly employment law briefings and detailed guides on new and tricky areas of law.
Amanda regularly contributes articles to a variety of external publications and websites, such as People Management magazine, LexisPSL, and the Employment Law Journal.
Amanda was a finalist in the Knowledge Lawyer of the Year at the LexisNexis Legal Awards 2018.
Amanda lives in Queen’s Park with her family. In her spare time, Amanda loves walking, reading, going to the theatre, dining out and listening to funk, soul and blues music. She is a passionate follower of politics and current affairs.