Theo qualified as a solicitor in 2016 and joined BDBF in March 2021.
Theo is an employment lawyer with experience of advising and representing clients in a wide range of sectors on matters including: whistleblowing, unfair dismissal and constructive dismissal, discrimination, post-termination restrictions, partnership issues and contractual disputes. He is experienced in litigating disputes in the Employment Tribunal, High Court and by way of private arbitration.
Over the years Theo has represented:
- The former MD of a major supermarket chain in proceedings for unfair and wrongful dismissal in the Employment Tribunal and High Court;
- An LLP member in a complex team move in extensive arbitration proceedings;
- The UK Home Office’s most senior official in a whistleblowing claim against the Home Secretary Priti Patel;
- A law firm in a protracted dispute with an equity partner claiming disability discrimination; and
- A senior football executive in negotiations on their contractual terms (including post-termination restrictions) when joining a top six Premier League club.
Theo has a particular interest in assisting clients in the financial services sector and has successfully represented senior employees in whistleblowing proceedings (including interim relief applications) against multinational organisations and prominent financial institutions, in each case achieving significant settlements.
Clients have said of Theo:
“It’s been a great experience working with you … You’ve been very clear and responsive throughout the process.”
“I would like to thank you very much for your support throughout this process, very professional and highly valuable input.”
Theo is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA) and Association of Partnership Practitioners (APP).
In his leisure time Theo enjoys travelling, visiting galleries and museums and is a big football fan, supporting Crystal Palace FC.