Working with US
As specialists in our area of law, and given our success in complex cases, often against high-profile and well-resourced opponents, we are justifiably proud of our ability to provide high quality advice to clients who are at the top of their field.
At the centre of our ethos is our committment to treat clients fairly, act with integrity and add real value. To achieve this, we consistently seek to ensure our team is made up of people who are not just technically excellent, but also personable and emotionally intelligent.
BDBF is a dynamic business, with a collegiate atmosphere. We all stem from different backgrounds, but share the same goals: to make BDBF a great place to work and to make a real difference for our clients.
Employees at all levels are encouraged to share knowledge and ideas. We believe that every person who works at BDBF should feel as committed to the success of the firm and our values as the founders are. To ensure that we are all aligned, everyone who works in the firm is entitled to their own allocation of the firm’s profits and participates in the firm’s decision making. Importantly, each person in the firm has the opportunity to help shape the business and its strategy.
If you have any career related enquiries, please contact Brigitte Lechthaler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BDBF is an entrepreneurial and growing law firm that has, within its ten-year lifetime become a recognised leader in its field in advising senior employees, LLP members and partners and also in advising businesses on disputes involving employment law.
The role focuses on devising and implementing a robust marketing strategy, including a digital marketing strategy to grow the business and its stellar reputation, target clients and drive prospective clients to its website.
This is a permanent role (part-time and we can offer flexibility as to when these hours are worked) which will focus on ensuring the firm continues to grow in alignment with its annual and 5 year strategy and to provide exceptional services to clients and support to its lawyers.
Under the overall guidance of a partner, you will be working in close collaboration with the lawyers and our partner organisations, to help promote the firm’s work, its lawyers, knowledge and reputation to its markets. We offer flexibility as to location. Based in London, this role will require some time in the office to develop relationships, but otherwise can be done predominantly from home.
Key responsibilities and challenges
With excellent experience and knowledge of digital platforms, including websites, social media, video and content management, you will support the firm in delivering projects across the firm’s digital channels and print media working with our partner organisations. These include:
- Helping the firm to ensure best digital practice and publishing content across all content types (for example news, publications, thought leadership, client services) on the website and in print where appropriate
- Managing social media activity, its performance, engagement and ensuring our lawyers are using social media effectively
- Effective SEO and implementing the SEO strategy, including through content planning
- Project managing the creation and development of a new website, working closely with our website and SEO agents
- Project managing PR campaigns, including setting appropriate KPIs and working with an external PR agency
- Helping to organise events, seminars and invitations
- Supporting thought leadership by promoting key content through the website
- Analysing reports on key activity and engagement analytics about visitors to the website and arising from marketing campaigns
- Maintaining ‘hygiene’ on the website with regular checks for outdated content, broken links, spelling errors, and other issues
- Ensuring all the firm’s marketing mailing and subscription lists comply with the General Data Protection Regulations
- Managing subscriptions, uploading content and working with Principal Knowledge lawyer
Assisting with the production of marketing materials, merchandise, and other promotional literature such as web content, articles, guides, brochures and press releases.
Supporting the Partner with ad-hoc projects, including the production of video content.
Essential practical experience
- Working within a professional digital marketing environment
- Project ManagementUnderstanding and ideally experience in Google Analytics and the related KPI terminology/data sources
- An understanding of digital advertising – i.e Google Ads/Facebook Ads
- Ideally an understanding of website build, especially WordPress would be key.
Preferably a Foundation Certificate in Marketing or a Certificate in Professional Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing or equivalent
- A demonstrable interest in legal and commercial issues that relate to the firm’s market offering
- Negotiating bespoke commercial terms to ensure effective delivery and best financial and added value are maintained by all suppliers
- Very proficient in use of PCs, Macs, Tablets, Iphones, Android and Apple platforms, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, WordPress
- Experience using Twitter, Linked In, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo and other social media channels
- Experience using a web content management system and web analytics packages
Terms of employment
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience and track record of proven delivery
- This is a permanent, part-time role working 3 days a week in the firm’s City of London office, approximately half of which will be worked in the office for at least the first 6 months.
- The role will be subject to a 3 month probationary period
- Normal office hours are between 9.30 am and 5.30 pm. There may be some out of hours working for events
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days (pro-rated)
- To start as soon as possible
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Interviews will involve a presentation.