Samantha qualified as a solicitor in 2013 and joined BDBF in April 2016.
Samantha is an experienced employment law litigator handling financially substantial claims in the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal, with a particular specialism in whistleblowing, sex and disability discrimination claims.
She also regularly achieves favourable settlements on behalf of her clients without the need to start legal proceedings. She is described by the legal directories as:
“exceptional” and “incredibly effective” – Legal 500 2021
“a rising star that is a real credit to the firm” – Legal 500 2019
Samantha has specialist experience in advising private and NHS Consultants from leading hospitals on private and NHS whistleblowing and discrimination claims, defending disciplinary allegations under MHPS and disciplinary processes, raising grievances, and bullying, harassment and contractual claims, together with worker status claims in respect of private practice work.
Samantha also advises partners and LLPs in respect of their LLP agreements as well as partnership disputes, including advising on and negotiating partner exits and issues regarding restrictive covenants, discrimination and whistleblowing.
Samantha has successfully represented both employees and employers in relation to claims for unfair dismissal, breach of contract, restrictive covenants, bonus disputes and unlawful deduction of wages. Previous experience of acting on behalf of both parties means that she has a good insight into her opponents’ weaknesses, which she can use to her clients’ advantage.
Some examples of recent cases Samantha has worked on are:
- acting for a senior NHS consultant in her successful claims for sex discrimination, harassment and victimisation. Claims also involved arguing worker status at her private practice and pursuing this case to the Employment Appeal Tribunal;
- acting for an NHS consultant in their successful claim for constructive unfair dismissal, which involved advising on MHPS processes and GMC regulatory issues;
- conducting an internal investigation on behalf of a client into grievances raised by multiple employees. This included interviewing over 12 employees and drafting an investigation report in relation to her findings;
- successfully negotiating settlement in respect of employees within the financial and media sectors without their disability discrimination Tribunal claims proceeding to final hearings; and
- negotiating exits from NHS Trusts in respect of a senior consultant and an employee within management.
Samantha is listed as a “Rising Star” in Legal 500 with one referee saying:
“Samantha Prosser is an exceptional associate. She grasped the nuances of my case very quickly and applied an incisive strategy to progressing it, with extremely satisfactory results. She came across as personally invested in my case. Her assimilation of facts and dispute resolution strategy made her incredibly effective.”
Legal 500 2021
Another client said the following about Samantha: “It was a real pleasure working with you as well and I don’t think we would have got to where we did if it wasn’t for your support, positivity and hard work…….Feeling like you were in my corner certainly helped boost my ability to pick myself up and fight.”
Samantha is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA) and volunteers at the Employment Tribunal Litigant in Person Support Scheme (ELIPS) at London Central Employment Tribunal.
Outside of work Samantha enjoys reading, running around after her young family, adrenaline sports such as bungee jumping and sky diving as well as supporting Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.