Menopause has long been a taboo subject, not talked about at home let alone in the workplace. However, in recent years it has started to come out of the shadows. An array of high-profile women have talked about their experiences and we’ve seen interest from Parliament, with the prospect that further legal protections will be introduced.
In advance of World Menopause Day on 18 October 2022, our lunchtime webinar will explain steps employers can take to support staff going through the menopause. Our expert team will discuss the following issues:
- What is the menopause and what are the symptoms?
- Who is affected by the menopause?
- Should menopause be viewed as a workplace issue?
- What types of workplace problems may arise?
- What legal protections do menopausal workers currently have?
- What can we learn from recent Employment Tribunal disputes about the menopause?
- Is the law in this area going to change? What should good employers be doing now to support menopausal workers?
- What sorts of things should go into a workplace Menopause Policy?
Date: Wednesday, 7 September 2022
Time: 12.00pm – 12.50pm